A hair dryer, also known as a blow dryer, is a staple in everyone’s hair styling arsenal – and for good reason. Besides expediting the process of drying wet tresses, it works as a styling tool for a more lustrous and voluminous mane, smoothening frizziness to make your hair more manageable.
Hair connoisseurs classify blow dryers into four types: titanium, ionic, tourmaline, and ceramic. Titanium hair dryers generate a lot of heat, running the risk of damaging your strands, but also dry your hair much quicker. Similarly, ionic hair dryers break down positively charged water molecules with negatively charged ions, reducing drying time.
Plus, they expend less heat and are ideal for curly hair types to retain moisture and definition. Tourmaline hair dryers emit infrared heat and negative ions, drying your strands more effectively, evenly, and safely. Lastly, ceramic hair dryers curb heat-induced damage by regulating the heat spent.
Features to Keep in Mind When Buying a Hair Dryer
If you’re looking to purchase a blow dryer, do consider the following features:
- Wattage: The greater the wattage, the quicker the drying time. Invest in a blow dryer that is at least 1800 watts or more.
- Heat Settings: Be sure to buy a hair dryer featuring multiple heat settings, allowing you to adjust the heat per your hair type and requirements.
- Attachments: If you have curly hair, you’re looking for a diffuser attachment, whereas if you desire a blowout, you need a concentrator nozzle.
- Size and Cord Length: The size and weight of the tool decide its portability, and the cord length ensures ease of use.
- Technology: Your hair type and texture should decide the variant of the blow dryer you’re buying. For instance, ionic and tourmaline hair dryers expend less heat, are safe to use, and reduce frizz.
Benefits of Blow Drying Your Hair
- Regular blow drying may reduce your risk of contracting a fungal or bacterial scalp infection. If you have a sensitive scalp and often air-dry your hair, bacteria can grow on your scalp because of the moist environment. Blow drying counteracts this possibility.
- Hair dryers are a boon for those with unmanageable, limp tresses and poor hair texture. If you have fine strands, buy hair dryer online that can give you a more voluminous appearance, and if you have unruly frizziness, the tool can smoothen your mane.
- When pressed for time, a hair dryer becomes your best friend. Significantly decreasing your drying time, make sure to use the tool before going to bed if you wash your hair at night. Sleeping with damp tresses can cause friction against your pillow, resulting in hair damage.
- You can achieve the hair of your dreams with a blow dryer. The tool can help you style your hair, giving you smooth, wavy locks in just a few minutes. You can also create beach waves and soft curls and bends with the help of a hair dryer.
Prepping Your Hair For a Blow Dry
Hair styling comes second. First, you must prep your strands to take on the heat. After detangling your knots with the help of a suitable brush or wide-toothed comb, indulge in a soothing shampoo and conditioning session. You may also apply a nourishing hair mask to your strands for a healthy dose of hydration.
Once you’ve rinsed your mane with lukewarm water, it’s time to invite a heat-protectant serum, spray, or oil to protect your locks from damage. Begin at the lowest heat setting, working your way to a higher temperature if and as required. When you are about to start the blow-drying process, your hair should only be 20% damp, as exposing wet strands to heat can cause irreversible damage.
After achieving the desired style, opt for a styling product to seal your look in place and keep flyaways at bay. If you’ve styled your hair for a special occasion and need it to last through the day, use a hairspray to make sure that your strands stay put for prolonged periods.
In today’s day, it’s nearly impossible to go buy hair dryer online. It’s the quickest, most versatile and convenient tool to help you get smoother, more manageable hair. If you don’t own a straightener or curler, your hair dryer can double up as these tools to give you a host of flattering hairstyles
But when exposing your hair to high degrees of heat, it’s crucial that you correctly care for your strands. Prep your hair before blow-drying, and include a heat protectant in your styling routine. Consider using a shampoo and conditioner for heat-treated hair to restore as much moisture as possible and reverse hair damage. Lastly, quench parched strands with a nourishing hair mask. While a hair dryer is a super-beneficial tool, avoid heat styling daily, as it can severely weaken your follicles over time.